Madison Macallister’s Love Advice for the Totally Clueless
- 1. Always play hard to get. The Rules aren’t “guidelines,” they’re a way of life.
- Girls like sparkly things—a lot. And the words “Tiffany,” “Harry Winston,” and “Chopard” are music to our ears—and usually our pants J
- Always be the dumper, never the dump-ee. And remember—girls can dump retroactively.
- Relationships come first—you can explain the Bergdorf’s bill to daddy later.
- There’s always someone hotter, smarter, richer, funnier . . . better. Make sure he knows it.
- Girls should have as many pairs of shoes as they want; guys often rely on one. The same rule applies to dating.
- Having a sex tape will not make you a celebrity—it just makes you desperate.
- Never hit on, flirt with, or try to date a certain blue-eyed boy from the Upper East Side who worships Woody Allen like it’s his own personal religion, and mainlines black coffee . . . or I’ll have to kill you.
- Men are like stilettos—wicked, dangerous, and you often have to break them in multiple times before you completely fall in love. Learning to navigate the world in stilettos is much like dating—you have to walk before you can run.
- And remember the most important rule of all: never, ever say those magical three little words first—unless they’re “I’m leaving you.”
Want to hear more from The Elite characters? Now is your chance to ask Drew Van Allen your questions! Leave them in the comments by Saturday night, and you'll get your answers!
While you're at it, how about dropping me an email with FEBRUARY in the subject heading for a chance to win a bunch of books? In Too Deep (the latest Elite book), Pants on Fire by Me Cabot, and The A-List: Hollywood Royalty are included! Send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28thth, and be sure to check out our other contests in the sidebar!
Good luck, and start leaving those questions!