Traditionally, the day after Thanksgiving is the day my family and I decorate the house and bust out the Christmas carols. My family is BIG on Christmas. By the time we finish decorating (it usually takes all weekend, and then some), our house could rival Bronner's Christmas store. We have three Christmas trees in our living room alone!
So, the madness has really gotten me into the Christnas mood as well, and I've pulled together a Christmas prize-pack of books to give away to a lucky reader this season, sort of like Teenreads.com holiday basket of cheer. I've got eight books together, half of them favorites of mine from the past year, and half ARCs set to come out next year, and I'll be giving it away along with some yet to be determined holiday goodies. The books are:
- A signed copy of my favorite Ellen Hopkins book, Burned
- A signed copy of Amy Huntley's fantastic and thoughtful debut, The Everafter
- A copy of one of my favorite releases this year, Willow by Julia Hoban
- A copy of the fantastic sequel to The Hunger Games, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- An ARC of Jillian Cantor's second novel, The Life of Glass
- An ARC of Angela Morrison's second novel, Sing Me to Sleep, which I have on good authority is a tear-jerker
- An ARC of the thriller Numbers by Rachel Ward
- An ARC of The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Sounds like fun, right?
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below telling me what your favorite thing about the holiday season is. And if you don't celebrate any holiday, tell me what your favorite thing about the winter is. The contest is open to US residents from today until December 21st! Good luck!
ETA: I am loving the great response to this contest! I've decided to add another book the giveaway--a copy of LET IT SNOW by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle! Keep those entries coming, maybe if we reach 200 entries, I'll throw something else into the prize pack!